JOJO[music]BLOG

Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Few Thoughts; Plus MORE?~=

The past few years I have done what I call "rooting yourself in music". Music has really helped me few a lot of times in my life, and I thought I'd just say a few things. One thing that I love about music is that it doesn't care who you are. It's gonna sound the same if you are beautiful or ugly, it'll sound the same if you're 15 or 51. It doesn't care how much money you make or how many faults you have.

Just my $0.02 .


Also, some thoughts on some albums!

I picked up Search The City's new EP "Ghosts". It's really really amazing. The guitar work is "secretly technical" as I like to call it. It's not HOLY CRAP DID YOU HEAR THAT? It's just amazing allthroughout. The drummer is pretty creative and the singer is fantastic. What I found really interesting was the last song, with pretty melancholy lyrics, was still upbeat. I think it is very effective and really shows how the singer is feeling. Highly recommended CD.

At the same time I also got And Then I Turned Seven's 2005 release "The Jamestown Story". Yeah, yeah, it took me a while, but it was well worth it. It's a gorgeous CD. The singer sounds a LOT like the singer from Blink 182, which is a bit unappealing at first, but it blends beautifully. Really good CD.

Reminder to self to pick up the new Rory CD.

Listen To: Better Luck Next Time

1 Comments:

  • haha, i ejoyed reading your post. it's very insightful. but i couldn't help but think about how much music during the last two years actually did care about who i was. i guess all thats true unless you date a musician! :D

    By Blogger Emily, at 5:36 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home