JOJO[music]BLOG

Monday, April 03, 2006

Ack, Been A While...

Been a while. Well, first I'll just list all of the CD's I've picked up recently...
  • The Killing Moon - A Message Through Your Teeth
  • Brightwood - The Love Antidote
  • New Atlantic - EP
  • June - If You Speak Any Faster
  • The Appleseed Cast - Peregrine
And I guess that's it. :P Not sure why it took my so long to pick up that June CD... Well, I guess I do know why. It's mediocre. Perhaps a few more listens until I get into it, but some of the songs have weak song structure. Yeah. But I'm seeing them in a few days with The Format and Anathallo. I'm pumped. :D

The Killing Moon CD is pretty darn good. HIGH energy lil EP. I remember getting their Subject A demo off of their Animal Suit Driveby PureVOLUME a while back, and fell in love with it. Well, now through a name change and a record deal, the band released this 5 song EP. And it's pretty freakin' good. INCREDIBLE musicians, with some guitarwork akin to Rufio. It's a great CD to just totally freaking rock out to.

Ah, Brightwood. I seriously had this CD ordered by the time I finished listening to the first song on their PureVOLUME website. One of the best unsigned bands ever. I ADORE their singer. Gorgeous voice.

I actually missed seeing New Atlantic live. They played earlier than what was on the ticket. I was kinda ticked. :P But, I picked up a T-Shirt and their EP from them and I love it. Pretty good mellow stuff. Speaking of that concert, Copeland was absolutely AMAZING. And so was Gatsby's American Dream, though I'm not too fond of Nic's DANCING. :P Their drummer can wail though. Talented band. And The Starting Line was incredible. Love those guys.

The new Applecast CD took me by surprise. I don't know how I was surprised, but somehow I was. Strange. It's a great CD.

Also, check out the band Therefore I Am. It's great stuff. :D

Listen To: The Format

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home