JOJO[music]BLOG

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Keep the Dogs. Ditch the Problems.

So I know I haven't been around in like... foever. But I had to post. Okay, so I'm a huge Format fan. Love 'em to death. Just bought Dog Problems on iTunes. Soooooooooo disappointed. The only song I like is Snails. And I already have a different version of that song, which I like better. Gah. Save some money and don't buy it. Musically, it's just... odd. It has neither the Beatle-esque charm nor the touch of country twang Format is famous for. Most of it sounds like something you would here played at a cheap carnival. Lyrically, this is definitely Format's worst. Lots of bitterness and talk about sex. I totally don't like this CD. If you want the songs, have me send them to you, but for goodness' sake.... Don't waste your money.

Dog Problems should be renamed to just Problems.

On a happier note, I bought Format's EP between Lullabies and Interventions and the Snails EP. Way awesome. Give it a listen. I like One Shot, Two Shots especially much. :)

1 Comments:

  • Interesting take! I've heard nothing but good things about the album. I was pretty excited to pick it up. The new songs sounded amazing live! Hmm... ^_^

    By Blogger JOJOFACE, at 12:20 AM, July 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home