JOJO[music]BLOG

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We're Up To Lots Of Good?

Yesterday was Tuesday, which means a whole batch of new music is out. I go to Best Buy with a TOTALLY blank mind. I don't even remember how I GOT to the place, but the point is that I made it. When I started browsing the music section, I remembered I wanted the new Rory CD. Well, they didn't have a Rory paper-sleeve-bookmarker-tag-whatever thing. I finally found it behind one of the Rolling Stones paper-sleeve-bookmarker-tag-whatever things, and snatched it. I already have the This Providence CD pre-ordered, yet it was delivered to my University dorm address, which is no longer where I live. But, there was something else coming out that day... But I couldn't think of what it was. So, I left. [/end amazing story]


Oh, and turns out I wanted to see if the new Plain White T's was on sale. Ooops. :P


Anyways, "We're Up To No Good, We're Up To No Good" is a pretty stellar album. The two reviews I had read praised it unceasingly, and I liked what I heard on PureVOLUME, and I love 111 Records, so I gave it a go.

The two tracks blew me away. Incredible! It had this Blink-182 charm to it(not surprising seeing as it's co-produced by Mark Hoppus) and tons of energy and extremely catchy. Some of the songs are kind of hit and miss, but perhaps it'll warm up to me like so many albums have. I absolutely ADORE the intro to 'Tonight I Just Don't Care, I'm Having A Candy Dinner.', and the rest of the song dissapoint. Track 9 brings back the Track 1 charm, and I just formed an amazing sentence. Wouldn't be surprised if that sentence makes it to the history books. But seriously, one thing about me is that I'm a SUCKER for ridiculously long songs and Rory presents an incredible one to close their debut album. I love it. :D

I've got a really good feeling about this album. Expect an update on how much I will grow to love it soon. ;D

Listen To: Inkwell

2 Comments:

  • well you still havent hear the new format cd you butt head!! it's pretty much amazing. not at first but nonetheless it IS the format!! some of the songs kinda creep me out, the first track has this circus song playing in the background i was driving with it and totally thought i was being chased by a cop... random you think just wait untill you hear it!! anywho and Dashboard Confessional is always amaizing, no matter what Mike says about Chris Caraba, he's just jealous.

    By Blogger Stenieone, at 2:41 PM, September 19, 2006  

  • Haha. :D Yeah, I agree. I never got too into Dashboard, though. Not sure exactly why... :P

    Can't wait to borrow the CD's. :D

    By Blogger JOJOFACE, at 4:55 PM, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home