JOJO[music]BLOG

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Alexisonfire (minus the is, minus the on, minus the alex, and minus the fire. then add predictable)

So, I had kinda a rough day today, so I decided to go buy an album. I was looking for something... Harder. So, I checked for Norma Jean's newest release and it wasn't there. Thought about Underoaths new CD, but decided against it. I finally decided on "Crisis" from Alexisonfire. I had read some negative reviews about it, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Now, I'll make this quick and you can be guaranteed that it's honest. Alexisonfire tried to replicate Emery's "The Question", from what I can tell and failed miserably. Their screamer doesn't represent and their drummer is pretty stale. It's all so predictable. I have a feeling this will go down as probably the worst release I've heard all year and probably my worst CD purchase ever. Just my thoughts. Alexisonfire, you let me down.

Listen To: Limbeck

4 Comments:

  • wow sorry Alexisonfire was such a crap fest for you, whataya think if Nickelback? I very much like the new CD..we gotta switch it up soon, my CD ADD is startin to kick in already!! oh and hey i updated my blog ^_^ haha finally, right?

    By Blogger Stenieone, at 2:58 PM, September 19, 2006  

  • Heh. Welp, I've got the perfect cure for your CD ADD. ;D

    By Blogger JOJOFACE, at 4:57 PM, September 19, 2006  

  • I'll have to make of note of this tragic incident so that I don't make the same mistake. I was thinking about burning it, but if its just another "I CAN SCREAM TOO" cd, then I think I'll save my 25 cents. Thandyou ever so much for the forewarning!!
    :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM, September 19, 2006  

  • I agree with you on the fact that I don't think Crisis is as good as their first two, but I don't think it's bad either. I'll admit that when I first bought it (the day it came out), I was a little skeptical, but the more I listened to it, the more I started to love it. The reason I think you don't like it is because it's so different from their first two. Instead of the hard metal-ish sound of their first ones, this one was kind of softer and deeper in places, which I think is good. Although this one was good, I really hope their next one is full-out hardcore; something that just screams 'Mosh to me!'

    ~ Garret

    By Blogger Calvin, at 2:36 PM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home